Founding Back-End Engineer
As a founding team member at Unlisted, you’ll build a platform to help home buyers find their dream home.
Unlisted’s mission is to provide home buyers access to the 5.9 million homes they miss out on in their home buying journey. By unlocking those options for buyers, we are helping owners capture the most value from their homes.
🔭 Our vision
We started Unlisted after watching countless friends and family members grow increasingly frustrated with the lack of inventory in the housing market.
At any given point, only 4% of all homes in the United States are actively being sold on the market. Home buyers are forced to enter into bidding wars for their forever homes with only a tiny sliver of the total available options.
As a result, buyer’s agents are struggling to find their clients homes they love. They’re spending time and money showing the same stale listings only to have frustrated buyers drag their feet or drop out of the process entirely.
**We’re creating a future where –
- Home buyers can place offers on any home
- Homeowners can entertain offers throughout their homeownership journey, not just when they decide to sell
- Real estate agents can offer more options to their clients**
👋 About Unlisted
- Unlisted was founded by Yael Lederman after spending three years at Bungalow leading Strategy & BizOps. There, she scaled the company from series A to C.
- We’re backed by top early stage venture capital firms including Contrary Capital (Ramp, Doordash, Alloy) and Susa Ventures (Flexport, Robinhood)
- Our beta agents and buyers are touring early Unlisted homes!
📈 The role
As a founding backend engineer you’ll work directly with the CEO to set up and build our platform from the ground up. You’ll have full autonomy to build and ship features at lightning speed. This is an extremely high-impact role that has limitless growth potential alongside the company.
With this role, you will get the full early-stage startup experience: opportunities to shape our tech stack, garner real product ownership, learn directly from both industry experts and investors, build a team, and work closely with customers to ensure we’re building for their needs.
- Collaborate directly with the CEO and our Front-End engineer (still hiring!) to build the backend of the platform in Django
- Build a scalable, stable and maintainable architecture that can help the product grow rapidly
- Own the architecture and development of system components to improve and iterate on the product
- Make key decisions on web technology and architecture within the team
- Bonus: develop ML models to predict home sales data and estimates
Sound like you?
- 2+ years of experience building end-to-end modern web applications
- 1 year of experience with Django
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Experience working with heroku or AWS infrastructure
- Bonus: hands-on experience in ML or Data Science
- Owner - You’re comfortable being the most technical person in the room and working in an entrepreneurial, founder-driven product environment
- Analytically-minded - You have an analytical mind and are comfortable telling stories and driving to decisions using data.
- Scrappy - You’re resourceful, biased toward action, and excited about the opportunity to work at an early stage startup. You’ll do what it takes to make things happen
- Communicator - You can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Move quickly - You’re comfortable being agile and fast-moving in your work