Technical Support Engineer
Fortune 500 organizations and the most innovative mid-size and startup companies choose TigerGraph to accelerate their analytics, AI, and machine learning:
- Seven out of the top ten global banks use TigerGraph for real-time fraud detection.
- Over 50 million patients receive care path recommendations to assist them on their wellness journey.
- 300 million consumers receive personalized offers with recommendation engines powered by TigerGraph.
- TigerGraph reduces power outages by optimizing the energy infrastructure for 1 billion people.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Technical Support Engineer to join our US team to support rapidly growing demand from enterprise customers (Global 1000) to deploy TigerGraph’s award-winning graph database platform and solutions. The ideal candidate should have experience with Graph Databases or NoSQL databases, distributed systems, cloud platforms (such as Azure, AWS, GCP), scripting skills, Kubernetes and advanced debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Responding to Customers' inquiries and providing in-depth technical and high-quality support via phone, email, or chat.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues that span from the product itself to the Customer environment.
- Collaborate with other teams (core engineering and solution engineering) to diagnose and resolve complex customer issues.
- Partner with the Customer Success, Sales, and Product teams to drive business to success
- Participate in on-call rotation shift
- Educate customers on best practices for adopting and using TigerGraph
- Create and maintain public documentation, knowledge articles (internal and Customer facing), and FAQs. Keep improving product knowledge and keeping up with business trends.
- Support/Operations Experience
- Oncall rotation, documentation creation, meeting/monitoring SLAs
- Bachelor's degree required. Equivalent years of experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- At least 3+ years of experience in technical support or related work. (No service desk)
Skills & Knowledge:
- Big data/data ecosystem experience
- Technologies: Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Airflow, Beam, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Concepts: Data warehousing, data analytics, ETL
- Distributed systems experience
- Kubernetes, above listed big data technology
- Database experience
- Any familiarity or experience with databases, preferably distributed ones such as Hive, BigQuery, AWS KMS, Cassandra, BigTable
- Programming/scripting skills
- Bash, Go, Java, C++, Python preferred
- Terraform, Ansible
- Customer facing technical experience
- Any of support, consulting, tech writing, solutions architecture, anything where candidate is communicating technical info to customers
- Customer-focus mindset
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Technical skills:
- Prior experience working with graph technology is a big plus
- Linux fundamentals knowledge (processes, filesystem, memory management, networking, configuration, security), network troubleshooting (ex. TCP/IP, load balancing), web troubleshooting (HTTP, SSL, REST APIs)
Additional skills as a big bonus:
- Familiar with HW/SW stacks for large-scale enterprise graph databases or NoSQL databases on-prem and/or on the cloud.
- Experience with LDAP, OAuth
- Experience with a Graph Database is a big plus
- Experience with SaaS solutions
- Understanding of how database systems work under the hood
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Redwood City, CA is $70,000 - $110,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include, but are not limited to, the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. TigerGraph is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.