Software Engineering Manager
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Software Engineering Manager (Billing & Planning) Position:
We are looking for someone that believes in servant leadership, a person that instinctively decides to focus on the highest priorities of others first, and then is aspired to lead. Growing the teams, increasing their autonomy and impact. Someone that started off as an engineer, grew into a Principal Software Engineer, and finally into a manager. Through these experiences, you’ve come to learn and understand the needs of a development team, and how to support them.
Someone with a strong background in building successful products as well as passion for leading a team to solve challenging and new problems, as well as developing empathetic partnerships with other Stord teams to understand their use-cases and unlock new capabilities.
You can support the engineering teams through technical project management, career development, feedback, increased ownership and staying in-touch with the team’s daily happenings such that you can understand their contributions. Encourage a culture of knowledge sharing. Provide clear expectations through procedures and processes. Measure impact through metrics and attainment against commitments.
What/who will you manage:
- 2 teams of software engineers: one that focuses on Billing and another that focuses on Inventory Planning & Insights
- 7 direct reports in total, including 1 Principal Software Engineer and 6 Sr Software Engineers
- Located from GMT -3 to GMT -8
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and engineers to build a unified product and technology roadmap
- Set a cadence to breakdown future work with your Principals to estimate the level of effort that can be used in the prioritization process
- Contribute to a Software Weekly Business Review
- Help drive the best outcomes from agile ceremonies
- Ensure the highest level of production accountability from your team; lead by example
- Measure your team’s success through engineering metrics and KPIs
- Lead and manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Stord
- Drive continuous improvement to people, culture, velocity, quality, productivity, et cetera
- Stay abreast of team contributions - review PRs and Jira boards daily
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stord's engineering management team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Recruit awesome engineers: sourcing, screening, interviewing, and selection
What You'll Need:
- 13+ Years in a software development
- 3+ years managing product development teams that shipped high-quality customer facing products
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment where speed to market is life or death
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for different audiences
- Strong quantitative and analytical background
- Successfully recruited and built great teams
- Works effectively cross-functionally and has the ability to communicate effectively, think rigorously, and make hard decisions and trade-offs
- Thrives with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility in an ambiguous environment
- Technical acumen to drive clarity with Principal Software Engineers
- Encourage a healthy and inclusive work environment that’s both challenging and supportive and where people feel like they belong
- Prior startup experience
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.