Data Analyst (Remote)
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Data Analyst Position:
Stord is seeking a Data Analyst to help optimize our customers’ supply chain and assist internal stakeholders in making informed business decisions based on quantitative analysis. You will use statistical analysis, simulations, predictive and historical modeling, and other methods to analyze information and develop practical solutions to business problems.
Primary work will involve modeling of carrier and customer rates, executing network and parcel studies, and deep dives into cost and service opportunities to drive margin and to deliver recommendations for delivery speed improvements. You will build analytics in Domo and other tools, collaborate with Stord’s technology partners to develop insights, and create and present executive presentations of your results.
What You'll Do:
- Manage analytical projects from start through completion, conducting intake interviews, assessment of data, solution design, analysis, and presentation of results
- Maintain broad responsibilities in cost and service performance, identifying opportunities through analytical tools and observations, and self-directing to prioritize, investigate, build, and deliver solutions
- Define, transform and structure data from internal and external platforms, designing data for efficiency, stability, and reliability
- Develop operational reports, forecasts, and dashboards for various supply chain team requests
- Collect, analyze, and publish data for parcel KPI reporting
- Develop and analyze reports for added visibility into parcel programs
- Make recommendations for process improvement and cost savings initiatives
- Develop, maintain, evolve, and produce timely a series of parcel and supply chain specific dashboards
- Provide cost and revenue feedback to key stakeholders across Stord, including insights into financial performance and forecasting
- Communicate effectively and professionally with carrier partners to ensure efficient flow of operations to maintain the customer experience
- Coordinate and support all aspects of the company’s parcel programs:
- Develop and manage sufficient relationships, programs and processes to support the execution of the organization’s rapidly evolving parcel operations and strategy
- Provide and maintain broad, deep understanding of current market/industry trends regarding rates and new carrier products/initiatives
- Identify and develop a comprehensive set of analytics required to support a rapidly growing category.
- Provide additional support, as needed, during peak holiday shipping seasons
- Ensure company and vendor compliance with all parcel/transportation laws and regulations
- Perform regular reviews of parcel KPIs to maximize service, reduce costs, and opportunities for optimization
- Perform and maintain regular audits of carriers, services, and vendor performance.
- Demonstrate a desire and commitment for continuous improvement, maintain effective and timely communication between the Parcel/Transportation department and the rest of Supply Chain Management, and other various corporate departments to guarantee coordination of efforts.
- Understand and execute on Stord’s strategic North Stars and respective department goals
- Review and analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward goals and strategic objectives.
- Ensure standardized best practices and share accordingly
- Seek to promote ways to improve the customer experience
- Ability to work autonomously and get creative in problem solving
- Actively supports the Manager/Sr.Manager of Parcel in providing detailed analytics and provides updates and recommendations
- Ability to quickly turn around analysis requests and provide status updates on key projects
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems or Engineering
- Experience leveraging databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform business decisions
- Programs: Fluent in SQL, and Python/R.
- Experience with a Business Intelligence Tools (Domo, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Ability to compile and analyze large data quantities
- Experience Modeling Parcel Carriers, Transportation, Warehouses, or Networks
- Experience/Coursework with machine learning, Mathematical Optimization
- Experience with cloud development platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of Software Development paradigms and tools. (Agile, CI/CD, Documentation, Unit/Regression tests, Object Oriented Programming)
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Something looks off?