Senior Compliance Officer
Software Engineering, Legal
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
As one of the world’s top 10 (and rising🚀) digital asset exchanges, we provide a best- in-class experience in trading, security, and blockchain product innovation.
We aim to democratize access to the markets for all, making it possible for the most recent and promising cryptocurrency projects to be listed and traded safely and securely. Are you excited to join a decentralizing force in the world?
What you will be doing
- Development and management of compliance policies and processes;
- Ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting to relevant regulators;
- Coordinate global regulatory filings;
- Assist with a broad range of legal/regulatory matters, including regulatory perimeter assessments, licensing/registration applications, product assessment, and regulatory investigations;
- Proactively identify legal/regulatory problems, solutions and potential support needed to provide strategic support to the local business team;
- Secure and manage relationships with external counsel;
- Provide support and advice to local compliance officers in multiple jurisdictions;
Who we are looking for
- Minimum 3 years experience in legal, compliance, AML or regulatory function, experience working with any regulated financial services business or consultancies in legal or compliance roles preferred;
- Has a law degree or legal qualification and/or proven regulatory compliance track record;
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory and industry standards regarding global stablecoin regulations;
- Professional certification in compliance risk management;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global organization maintaining close contact with relevant teams across multiple locations;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and knowledge to provide valuable and efficient counsel;
- To carry out the necessary studies to ensure compliance with the regulations;
- Knowledge in blockchain monitoring tools (e.g. Chainalysis and Coinfirm) preferable, but not a must.
A values-based culture that trusts your knowledge, vision, and autonomy, we focus on taking the best products and campaigns to wow our customers and bring the freedom of decentralization to every part of the world.
Integrity, insight, innovation, purpose and cooperation are inscribed within our culture. At Gate, we are committed to GateStyles and we are looking for candidates who also exhibit the same values.
Gate.io, founded in 2013, is one of the pioneering cryptocurrency exchanges and offers services worldwide related to the trading of multiple leading digital assets. With millions of registered users, it is considered one of the safest and most reliable global cryptocurrency platforms, consistently ranked among the top 10 cryptocurrency exchanges based on liquidity and trading volume (CoinGecko).
Additionally, Gate.io has been verified by Blockchain Transparency.
See more open positions at OpenStore
Something looks off?