Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2022
Open is a mindfulness studio designing a new way to practice wellbeing. We combine in-person locations and a digital platform with breathwork, meditation, sound, and movement to create a rich ecosystem to make mindfulness achievable for all.
Open is supported by Founders Fund (Keith Rabois), Susa, LVMH (Miyuki Matsumoto), Coatue (Arielle Zuckerberg), Slow, SV Angel, Maveron, Jack Dorsey, Adrian Aoun, Ben Rubin (Houseparty), and more.
We're looking for a rockstar to lead finance at Open and partner with the executive team through Series B and beyond to build the financial foundation of an enduring, public business. This is a perfect role for a finance leader to drive real impact in an operationally-complex environment and lead the company through a critical inflection point while helping bring mindfulness to the masses.
The responsibilities include creating and maintaining operational models, supervising and executing core financial operations (such as a payroll, AP, and bookkeeping), and efficiently managing capital. To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
What You'll Do
- Own the operating plan and develop financial targets, then work with Operations and Growth to ensure goals are achieved
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Own Financial Reporting and work with the Data and Engineering to ensure success
- Approve or reject expenses and manage accounts payable
- Supervise an accounting team and ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Recommend cost-reducing solutions
What You'll Bring
- 4+ years of experience in finance at high-growth startups; banking / private equity experience also preferred
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, debt, and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Medical, dental, vision
- Competitive pay
- Complimentary Open classes
We welcome people from all backgrounds who want to build a future with more presence.