Director, People & Talent
People & HR
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. We are on our way to accomplishing this mission by rewiring the financial industry with better credit infrastructure, analytics and workflows, enabling more people to get access to credit opportunities. Our cross-border credit product, Credit Passport®, cash flow underwriting product, Cash Atlas™, and income verification product, Income Navigator, are trusted by leading organizations like American Express, Verizon, HSBC, SoFi, Scotiabank, and Yardi to help them reach valuable new applicants from traditionally credit excluded populations. With support from investors Kleiner Perkins, Canapi Ventures, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures, as well as industry veterans from Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, and Citi, Nova Credit is revolutionizing the way lending is done.
We are seeking an experienced and visionary Director, People & Talent to join us and shape the future of our organization as the leader of our People function. In this transformative role, you will be instrumental in implementing effective people strategies, fostering a positive work culture, and attracting and retaining top talent as Nova Credit steers through its growth stage.
- Streamline and optimize people operations by developing and implementing efficient processes, programs, and systems.
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and regulations, liaising with Nova Credit’s PEOs - we use Sequoia One and Deel.
- Define, establish, and communicate effective people strategies related to talent acquisition, employee development, compensation and benefits, and employee engagement.
- Establish and oversee performance management processes and systems to drive high performance and accountability. Coach managers on effective performance feedback and development conversations.
- Join Nova Credit’s leadership team, providing strategic insights and guidance on people-related matters.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive a positive employee experience and align people strategies with overall business goals.
- Serve as a champion and guardian of the organization's culture and values. Foster an inclusive work environment that promotes employee engagement, teamwork, and innovation.
- Develop a strong partnership with the Finance function to align people initiatives with financial goals. Provide insights on workforce planning, budgeting, and employee compensation and benefits.
What We're Looking For
- You have 7+ years of experience in people roles in the tech/startup world, with a deep understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities of this industry.
- You’ve played a pivotal role in scaling organizations, particularly in Series B/C/D environments; you excel at navigating rapid growth and adapting to evolving business needs.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, embracing the need for speed and velocity to stay ahead in the industry.
- Your expertise in compensation programs and benefits ensures that our employees are recognized and rewarded appropriately.
- You understand what it takes to successfully attract, recruit, and retain highly-skilled individuals in competitive markets.
- As a change agent, you have the ability to lead successful change management initiatives and guide teams through transitions. You effectively drive high performance and accountability throughout the organization.
- Operationalizing people-centric programs and systems is second nature to you, ensuring maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Your experience in developing and enabling managers to thrive, through leadership development initiatives, sets the stage for high-performing teams.
- People management is in your DNA, as you have effectively led and mentored diverse teams to achieve outstanding results.
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.