Investment and Operations Analyst
United States · Remote
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2024
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
Newfront is a team of risk and reward advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
Newfront’s Retirement Services team is among the best in the country, providing advisory services to some of the Bay Area’s fastest growing companies. We are a close-knit team providing ample opportunity for learning and career advancement. We advise some of the Bay Area’s most exciting companies, offering a unique opportunity for direct access to senior leaders at these firms. Working in this role means being comfortable moving quickly between different roles. We pride ourselves on our flexibility and ability to customize everything we do for our clients. Newfront is a team of expert advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
This position is responsible for providing analysis, support and service for internal staff. This position is an hourly, non- exempt, and full-time position. This position may be located at any Newfront office and/or remote. Will be considered hybrid if living within 25 miles of a Newfront office location. This position reports to the VP of Operations. #LI - Remote
What You’ll Be Responsible For include the following steps to provide simplicity and service to our clients. Others may be assigned:
- Responsible for working with vendors directly and coordinating the relationship between the vendors and Account Managers and/or Account Executives.
- Prepare data analysis reports and custom ad-hoc reports (if necessary) for clients, service and/or internal staff.
- Help improve internal processes by finding efficiencies and finding creative solutions to help us scale.
- Manage and deliver projects as assigned.
- Anticipate and proactively prevent issues to minimize errors and delays.
- Input and update client information with accuracy into systems.
- Manage the end-to-end process of building key client deliverables.
- Support the service team by analyzing client data and preparing reports.
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Qualifications that demonstrate professionalism, passion and ways to use technology for good:
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking, and presentation preparation.
- Excellent customer service skills, professionalism, and tact.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and advanced complexities of features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, and offer solutions.
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and respond to client needs.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities and high volumes.
- Ability to learn and adopt use of technology systems and software applications.
- Ability to multi-task, understand urgency, and deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient at project planning and time management; ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with carriers, staff, and internal stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of industry knowledge and the ability to analyze data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with individuals.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Experience with 401(k) plans or financial services is a plus
- Investment knowledge and understanding is preferred
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at commencement of employment is expected to be between $70,400 and $88,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.