Employee Benefits - Senior Client Representative (Remote)
Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
This position is responsible for providing professional administrative support for the account management team to deliver great work to the client consistently and efficiently. You have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to support all of the day-to-day account activities, and partner with the account management team to ensure that all client initiatives are executed precisely and flawlessly. This position will report to the Client Service Support Lead.
We support one another to help each other grow and to be sure we succeed together in supporting our clients - We are a TEAM. We make a difference on a daily basis by providing exceptional service to our clients and their employees. What's exciting about this position is the variety in the work. No client is the same, so you cannot expect the same resolution will yield the same results each time. Every day provides the opportunity to learn something new, try new things, and have fun! Our best employee in this role has the willingness to learn, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and is dependable.
This position is an hourly, non-exempt, full-time role. This is a US Remote based role, with the option to work from any of Newfront’s offices. Pacific Time Zone work hours required. #LI - Remote
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Handle day-to-day questions, enrollment inquiries, etc. from clients in conjunction with the service team.
- Prepare and distribute compliance deliverables (5500s, SPD Wraps, annual notices, ACA, etc.).
- Manage and/or respond to escalated and complex client issues with guidance.
- Manage enrollment processing, research, and resolve eligibility and enrollment issues.
- Manage client technology solutions in coordination with technology team.
- Act as a back-up to the concierge team and Client Managers.
- Process fee billing for non-commissioned based clients and carrier transition/wellness fund accounting.
- Responsible for staying abreast of latest compliance trends and ensuring client notices are sent in a timely manner.
- Review plan documents and benefit attributes for accuracy and manage them within the internal system.
- Process carrier and client contact changes with carriers and update all internal systems and client facing contact sheets.
- Work with team to learn how to submit marketing projects compliant with established marketing standards.
- Perform and/or manage outsourcing of tasks such as billing audits, data entry, SPD wraps and contract reviews.
- Prepare client communications (Open enrollment materials, new hire guides, wallet cards, compliance documents, etc.) using available tools and templates.
- Coordinate health fairs and carrier attendance at open enrollment and health fair meetings.
- General administration and data entry as directed by Client Support Lead.
- May attend and participate in client renewal meetings.
- May train the next level down (i.e. Sr. CR may train CR).
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
- Solid communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Excellent customer service in a virtual setting, including listening without interrupting, using a clear and audible voice, and responding calmly and professionally.
- Minimum 2 years of benefits experience at a Brokerage preferred
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and intermediate complexities of features.
- Ability to learn and adopt use of technology systems and software applications.
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Must also work independently, with minimal direction.
- Adaptability and flexibility to respond to client and team needs.
- Ability to ask questions, take initiative and use resources and tools.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities and high volumes.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to screen details and identify potential discrepancies.
- Ability to review internal/carrier deliverables to ensure accuracy.
- Basic project management skills and systems knowledge.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with clients, carriers and colleagues.
- Vast sense of curiosity and willingness to learn industry knowledge and trends.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Benefits experience at a Brokerage preferred.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- CA Department of Insurance Life License (required or completed within 3 months of start date).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at the commencement of employment is expected to be between $51,100 to $71,500/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position,” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.