General Agent Services Operations Manager
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2023
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
This position is responsible for the administration of the General Agent (GA) Services to support the various benefit programs on the Advanced Professionals Wholesale Practice platform. This includes plan sponsor, trust, carrier, and client relations. This role will be reporting to the VP, Business Manager.
As the GA Services Operations Manager with Advanced Professionals, you will manage the transactions process for our teams, as well as the team’s performance of their duties and be their main point of contact. Our team is a diverse, fun, hard-working group of professionals with a long track record of serving the small business community throughout the Pacific Northwest as well as Alaska and California. To be a market leader, we leverage industry expertise with proprietary technology that empowers our team members to be successful and support the growth of our clients. Our team is looking for someone who is driven, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and will bring a positive can-do attitude to their job.
This position is a full-time, exempt role and is located in Newfront's Office in Seattle, WA. Initially this role will be onsite, with the option to work into a hybrid remote schedule.
What You'll Be Responsible For:
- Manage, monitor and measure the day-to-day transactional outputs and adjust as needed to ensure performance expectations are met. This includes working with leadership to ensure that results are aligned with strategic initiatives.
- Be point of contact and responsible for the internal processing team and/or perform all transactions associated with enrolling new business, renewals, quoting, terminations, BORs, etc.
- Manage and act as first point of contact for all outsourced vendor partners to delegate tasks, complete operating procedures, training manuals, and invoicing. This includes setting a budget, managing costs, and identifying resource needs for the upcoming year.
- Notify the Advanced Professionals team and external stakeholders/clients of any issues regarding enrolling new business, renewals, quoting, terminations, BORs, etc.
- Optimize workflows and processes to ensure continuous improvement. This includes recommendations for process improvements and execution of those improvements.
- Ensure that all underwriting and business rules regarding enrolling new business, renewals, quoting, terminations, BORs, etc. are being are being executed correctly.
- Collaborate with our Newfront Technology team to ensure technology solutions support execution of underwriting and business needed for enrolling new business, renewals, quoting, terminations, BORs, etc.
- Provide valuable recommendations for technology improvements and solutions.
- Lead the monthly operations meetings with Carriers and Administrators, including process improvement recommendations for all parties.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in operations, insurance, and/or technology industry.
- Previous management experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking, and presentation preparation.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills, professionalism, and tact.
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and is responsive to co-workers and colleagues.
- Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight, and give feedback.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technology systems and software applications.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and flexibility to manage ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to review internal/external deliverables to ensure accuracy.
- Intermediate project planning and management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Focus in employee benefits administration experience preferred.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at the commencement of employment is expected to be between $97,200 and $121,500/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position,” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
See more open positions at Newfront
Something looks off?