ML DevOps Engineer
Mytra’s new AI team is looking for foundational members to bring intelligent decision making and situational awareness to its distributed robot fleet.
As a ML DevOps engineer you’ll build out infrastructure needed to bring robots to life. You’ll get an opportunity to work on data pipelines, embedded software, distributed autonomous robots, computer vision and AI on edge-computing.
- Create a data pipeline for a new sensor including recording data on the robot, ingesting it into servers, and making it available for machine learning and visualization.
- Automate robot and desktop setup with tools like Docker, Ansible, and Conda.
- Speed up neural network training by optimizing an image dataloader.
- Create a script to launch and monitor remote jobs such as training, validation, and simulation.
- Orchestrate data flow and storage for the image labeling pipeline.
- Write tools to visualize statistics from our robot swarm.
- Create an internal standard for experiment configuration management and tracking.
- Upgrade the code to use a new version of a library such as PyTorch or ROS.
- Convert the trained model to TensorRT.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’re very comfortable writing Python, and have experience spinning and data pipelines from scratch.
- You have exposure to machine learning frameworks and formats such as PyTorch and ONNX.
- Is experienced with distributed computing, and can spin up remote jobs using Vast.ai, Google Cloud, or other services.
- Writes software and workflows that will scale as our fleet of robots scales in orders of magnitude.
- You are excited about working on an immature project, growing together, and shaping the future of the company.
- Uncertainty isn’t scary, and you’re willing to realize mistakes and pivot.
- You can convey complex ideas and technical concepts to a diverse audience.
- Openness, inquisitiveness, and constant ambition are important values.
- You enjoy pair programming and taking time to help others.
A Final Note
You’re encouraged to apply even if you can’t take on every example project in its totality. We work closely and collaboratively at Mytra - No one takes on projects alone. We seek people who are eager to work together, learn new things, and bring unique perspectives.
We’re creating an entirely new way to solve the most ubiquitous problem in industry - moving and storing material. We’re applying robotics and distributed software to create a new class of product for this $1T market. We’re focused on the supply chain industry first. The industry is in a massive bind with the continued growth of e-commerce, sharp rise in costs, and supply chain disruptions. What has been a “sleepy” industry for decades is now at the epicenter of sustaining the global economy.