Software Integration Engineer
Mytra’s robotics team is looking for an experienced software integration engineer to develop software for Mytra’s distributed robot fleet. Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, firmware development and system validation teams to understand new component-level hardware changes which are being developed and how to support them in software and firmware. Our team is focused on development of functional, reliable and performant robotics software so you’ll also contribute to the long term success of Mytra’s robotics software stack.
- Deliver high quality code across many layers of the robotics software stack
- Implement highly performant and real time code for critical control and safety functions
- Identify performance, maintainability and reliability of code changes
- Understanding of how hardware changes effect robotics software and vice-versa
- Contribute to the complete life cycle of software features including feature definition, implementation, test plan and roll out strategy
- Asses and contribute to long-term architectural decisions as software evolves
- Lead and manage integration of initial prototype systems including bring-up, debug, and engineering test of alpha- and beta-phase prototype robots
- Bachelor’s degrees in Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong experience with Python, particularly focused on application and process level development.
- Familiarity with C/C++/Rust and system level environments, previous experience preferred.
- Experience coding in concurrent and multithreaded environments
- Understanding of electromechanical systems, kinematics and robotics control
- Experience with communication standards such as CAN, I2C, SPI and RS232
- Experience with pub/sub message brokers such as MQTT and NATS
- Strong build, debug and test skills
- Understanding of Git and software version management
- Strong knowledge of software design and maintainability patterns
- Strong problem solving, communication and critical thinking skills
- Preferred experience in embedded software and/or firmware development
- Ability to fluently interpret system data to gain a full understanding of logged events
- Preferred experience with Linux operating systems and kernel fundamentals
We’re creating an entirely new way to solve the most ubiquitous problem in industry - moving and storing material. We’re applying robotics and distributed software to create a new class of product for this $1T market. We’re focused on the supply chain industry first. The industry is in a massive bind with the continued growth of e-commerce, sharp rise in costs, and supply chain disruptions. What has been a “sleepy” industry for decades is now at the epicenter of sustaining the global economy.