We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Buyer II. This person will be responsible for supporting the implementation of company-wide Purchasing strategies in support of production and operational needs. This role will support the extended team in purchasing for various departments and intercompany needs.
This role supports all functions of the organization including both commercial and R&D. The role reports to the Sr Procurement Director.
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating purchasing and procurement
- Measure actual performance against goals on regular basis and present results to senior management
- Clear and concise verbal communication and non verbal written skill utilizing electronic media throughout the organization
- Champions Lean initiatives
- Process’s daily purchase requisitions and manage PO process from procure to receipt
- Submit internal and external requisitions; online, phone, and email orders to suppliers
- Manage purchase requisition process and provide feedback and improvements to streamline the process
- Train MycoWorks team members and peers on purchasing process
- Collaborate with Finance and Key stakeholders to perform gap analysis, spend categorization, drive business development
- Complies with MycoWorks procurement strategies and policies.
- Responsible for supporting the supplier selection/bidding processes for selected purchase requests, supplier and contract pricing, and validation for category management
- Support budget based procurement process including development of key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness based on profitable supplier and organizational partnerships
- Support supplier qualification process and manages and assess supplier performance and reports operational metrics (KPIs) to senior management, as well as any regulatory reporting requirements related to transportation and logistics activities
- BS in Supply Chain or Business Management.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrating a high level of product/service expertise in procurement, purchasing, or supply chain. Built and maintained credibility as an expert within a specific category with key stakeholders.
- Leads scoping & prioritization of improvement projects and future implementations, participate in the scoping and quoting of projects
- Experience leading the development of opportunity assessments and loss analysis across the operations functions to reduce spend and complexity
- Leads and prioritizes cost modeling and related financial analyses / mathematical modeling of large data sets
- Experience managing supplier relationships and will be expected to coordinate work with others, both internally and externally
- Experience completing and maintain yearly supplier evaluations
- Build and execute strategic sourcing policies, practices, and systems
- Experience developing planning models for materials, human resources and complex supply chains required.
- Experience with Enterprise Procurement/Purchasing Systems
- Experience in supplier oversight and managing external partnerships and relations
- Professional supply chain certification a plus
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a strong drive - results focused
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide data-based insights and observations
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibility
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out.