Production Department Leader
We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Production Department Leader. This person will have
24/7 results accountability for one half of MycoWork’s new full-scale Reishi™ production facility. This person will lead the facility through its startup and drive two critical measures: consistent increases in throughput Department morale. This will be accomplished by leveraging continuous improvement and loss elimination methodologies, all of which is to be built upon a strong foundation of all safety and quality systems.
Critical focus areas for the Production Department Leader will be: implementation of the MycoWay (MycoWorks’ novel manufacturing work system); coaching and development of all direct and indirect reports in the areas of: leadership, loss elimination, organizational design, process understanding, and technical knowledge; elimination of top chronic losses (production/morale/cost) to root cause; implementation of any process/technical upgrades required to improve product quality; and fostering a winning culture.
This role interacts heavily with multiple organizations, including Maintenance, EHS, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, and Process Development. The role reports to the VP of Manufacturing.
This is an on-site role at our manufacturing plant in Union, South Carolina.
- Lead implementation of the MycoWay in your Department by leveraging servant leadership principles
- Drive a “Zero Defect” culture, especially in the areas of Safety and Quality
- Create and execute against an annual Master Plan as well as the corresponding 30-60-90 Day Plans
- Creation and execution of the Department PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) cycle with a focus on the elimination of top chronic losses
- Lead the Daily Direction Setting process for your Department, ensuring the creation and execution of the “plan for the day” that addresses the previous day’s top sporadic losses, while also incorporating actions to address chronic losses and capability gaps
- Perform Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly gap analyses for all critical KPIs to validate all plans are on track, adjusting plans if necessary
- Build robust action plans to improve all Company culture-related KPIs in your Department, leveraging data from annual Company survey and other topic-specific surveys administered throughout the year
- Leverage and drive improvement in your Department’s Skill Matrix, which assesses your team’s current capability level against the desired target and highlights the priority improvement areas
- Develop the leadership capabilities of your direct reports (Production Line Leaders and Process Engineers) such that your Department is running to standard every shift and every day
- Create a Loss Elimination road map targeted at your Department’s top losses and ensures they are driven to Zero, coaching your teams on the process along the way
- Assist in the development and lead the roll out of various Daily Management Systems, including: Incident Elimination; Defect Handling; Centerline; and Clean, Inspect, & Lubrication (CIL)
- Partner with the Site Maintenance Manager with the rollout of the Maintenance Planning & Scheduling (MP&S) and Breakdown Elimination (BDE) Daily Management Systems
- Work with Production Planning to rollout the Master Production Schedule (MPS) Daily management system and ensure robust adherence to all Production Planning metrics for your Department
- Assist the Engineering department in the validation of all new equipment for this facility’s startup as well as other items that will support the further development of our product
- Hire new production operators on a timeline that enables you to achieve all of your goals
- Build an annual budget and meet/exceed your Department budgetary goals, assessing adherence on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Drive the company vision in your Department by making the link between your Department’s goals/work plan and the Site’s Compelling Business Need clear to your organization
- BS in Engineering or Business is preferred
- 5+ years of progressive Manufacturing Leadership experience
- Experience with having 24/7 results accountability in a manufacturing environment
- People Management experience of teams > 50 individuals with a proven record of building capability throughout all levels of the organization
- Thorough understanding of TPM methodologies, especially the tools and systems in the following Pillars: Leadership, AM, PM, and FI/LE
- Experience building and rolling out Company-wide systems from the ground level
- Understands the theory of organization design and has demonstrated the ability to leverage this knowledge to build successful teams from the ground level that achieve breakthrough culture scores
- Knowledge to execute and train the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle and understanding of how to leverage this process to deliver KPIs
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools and ability to train the broader organization on their proper execution
- Understanding of OSHA standards and how to drive an “Injury Free” workplace
- Demonstrated ability to build annual Department master plans designed to achieve Plant goals with little to no oversight, and showing proof that these master plans deliver all critical KPIs
- Ability to execute gap analyses and create focused action plans
- Understanding of autonomous and progressive maintenance systems
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience with starting up new equipment and/or production lines
- Demonstrated ability to manage a budget while achieving all production goals
We are a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This role may require overtime and the ability to work varied shifts in order to meet the needs of the business.
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out.
Something looks off?