Director of Tannery Management - EU
We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Director of Tannery Management- Europe. This person will have 24/7 results accountability for MycoWorks production, quality and supply chain operations at all MycoWorks European tanning and finishing locations. This person will lead operations through startup to long-term stability of the manufacturing of Reishi™ at all locations. This person will also lead technology transfer between all four of MycoWorks’ partner tanneries. This will be accomplished by driving consistent increases in throughput by leveraging continuous improvement and loss elimination methodologies, all of which is to be built upon a strong foundation of all safety and quality systems.
Critical focus areas for the Director of Tannery Management- Europe will be: implementation of the MycoWay (MycoWorks’ novel manufacturing work system); process and SKU development; coaching and development of direct reports in the areas of leadership, process understanding, and technical knowledge (Learn-Do-Teach methodology); elimination of top chronic production losses to root cause; and fostering a winning culture.
This role will oversee three functional groups at the tannery in Igualada, Spain; i) Process Engineering, ii) Tannery and Finishing Operations, and iii) Supply Chain.
Performance of this role will be measured by tannery throughput and process reliability to meet the volume and quality requirements to meet company goals and objectives.
This role will also work cross-functionally with multiple organizations throughout MycoWorks, including US-Supply Chain, Global Product, US-Engineering, US-Quality, EHS, and the Global People team, as well as other external partners and customers. The role reports to the VP of Manufacturing..
- Lead implementation of the MycoWay by leveraging servant leadership principles
- Define production processes, lead cross functional projects with the Technical Development, Product, and Quality organizations
- Manage the entire customer supply chain, from raw materials to customer deliveries
- Manage the process engineering work plan, tailored to reduce top production losses and improve quality
- Drive a “Zero Defect” culture, especially in the areas of Safety and Quality
- Create and execute against an annual Master Plan as well as the corresponding 30-60-90 Day Plans
- Execute the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) cycle with a focus on the elimination of top chronic losses
- Perform Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly gap analysis to validate all plans are on track, adjusting when necessary
- Assist in resolving technical issues
- Manage the performance of your team - set clear goals and expectations, give timely feedback, conduct semi-annual performance reviews
- Execute Root Cause Loss Elimination targeted at top losses and ensure they are driven to Zero, coaching teams on the process along the way
- Assist in rolling out all Daily Management Systems and leverage them to drive breakthrough results
- Work with Process Development groups in validating process changes / centerlines
- Assist the Quality department with the improvement of test methods that are tied to top Quality losses
- Meet budget, assessing adherence on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Drive company vision across all tanning and finishing operations
- BS in Leather Technology, Leather Science or Engineering preferred
- 15+ years’ experience in tanning industry
- 5+ years’ People Management experience with a proven record of building capability in the organization
- Bilingual in English and Spanish. French is a plus.
- Experience with having 24/7 results accountability in a high-paced manufacturing environment
- Thorough understanding of TPM methodologies and implementation
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools and ability to train the broader organization on their proper execution
- Understanding of local safety standards and how to drive an “Injury Free” workplace
- Ability to execute gap analyses and create focused action plans
- Knowledge of statistical process control
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience with starting up new processes, equipment, and/or production lines
- Able to effectively give and receive feedback to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to make business decisions quickly while under pressure
- Ability to operate with incomplete information and implicit instruction
- Demonstrated ability to manage a budget while hitting all other production goals
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out.
Something looks off?