Field Deployment Engineer
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
In May 2022, Mashgin closed a Series B funding round at a $1.5B valuation. We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including Matrix Partners, NEA and Y Combinator. Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. We have 2,000+ locations world wide with customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, Circle K, ampm, Aramark and Compass Group.
We value autonomy of ones work, a culture of respect for one another, and building products with empathy for our customers.
This is a remote, entry-level position on our Deployment Team where you will be responsible for the deployment and installation of our technology and hardware across the country. You will be serving a key role ensuring that projects are completed on time and that our customers are successful with Mashgin. Excellent technical ability, communication skills, and problem solving are critical to this role.
If you're someone who doesn't shy away from the nomadic lifestyle, and you are great with customer support then this role is for you! Your main responsibilities will be deploying Mashgin's technology for your days on the road, and phone support for any days remote.
You Will Be
- Traveling the country launching new locations and helping customers (75-100% travel is expected)
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting issues remotely and in the field after developing a deep technical understanding of our product
- Responding to customer escalations and inquiries when needed
- Maintaining a subject-matter expert level of knowledge of deployment systems and software
- Installing kiosks to ensure our customers and clients are set up for success
- Planning and preparing for deployments
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Preferred: prior IT or tech repair experience
- Strong technical ability: you should be comfortable doing things like installing drivers, diagnosing system issues, and building PCs using off-the-shelf components
- Ability and desire to travel frequently
- Self-starter who is comfortable getting the job done without much assistance
- Relentlessly resourceful, always thinking outside the box to solve complex problems
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.