FP&A Analyst | Finance
Lyst is a global Fashion Tech company and premium shopping app, founded in London in 2010 and catering to over 200M shoppers per year. We offer our customers the largest assortment of premium & luxury fashion items & products in one place, via an assortment of 8.5M+ items from over 17,000 of the world’s leading brands. We are a scale-up business with a current team size of c. 160 people in London, combining an agile mentality with a proven business model and over a decade of experience. This provides a balance between foundations and structure, and autonomy and pace.
At Lyst we obsess over the customer, providing a search & discovery experience which offers inspiration, fulfilment, and personalisation. We believe that fashion is amazing but shopping for fashion often isn’t, and use our technology, data and creativity to bring more joy, greater choice and fewer fails. Our mission is to help fashion shoppers make better decisions and help fashion partners find better audiences as the category-leading destination for every fashion shopper. Lyst has raised over $160m from leading investors including Accel, Balderton, Molten Ventures, Fidelity International, and LVMH.
This role is a highly visible role within the Finance & Strategy teams, reporting into the FP&A Manager. As the FP&A Analyst you will be part of a small but impactful FP&A function, playing a critical role in providing planning and analysis support to Lyst. Working in partnership with the wider Finance and Strategy team and various senior stakeholders you will manage data and build insights that deliver value to the whole of Lyst to drive strategic decision making and contribute to the company’s goals.
Lyst is an exciting and highly dynamic workplace and this role is definitely not your average finance position! The role requires a solid commercial understanding and technical ability. You will deliver logical and well thought out analysis and continuously seek to improve processes, controls and the quality of deliverables. With a number of stakeholders and competing priorities, it will be necessary to prioritise effectively and communicate clearly. If you are an analytical thinker and have a natural curiosity to learn more about a highly commercial business then this could be the perfect role for you.
- Support the FP&A manager with the bi-annual budget process, including providing historical data and trend analysis and drafting a momentum forecast.
- Support the monthly rolling forecast process, with both analysis and P&L & Cash forecast.
- Own the weekly analysis of trading results, including revenue and profit performance vs forecasts, marketing channel performance and other KPI performance insights.
- Be a trusted partner to the business and build rapport with senior stakeholders by working collaboratively to share information and analysis they need to support, challenge and make decisions.
- Support with drafting the quarterly board deck and investor reporting by providing accurate data that forms our performance narrative.
- Data is key:
- Be the go-to individual for source of truth data for financial and business reporting;
- Be able to build dashboards in our data analytics tool to support analysis;
- Be able to interrogate data to ensure the correct business logic is applied;
- Work with the Analytics team to ensure the upstream data sources are set up to give you the data you need.
- Identify and implement process improvements and reporting enhancements with the mindset of continuous improvement.
- Proficient in excel (vlookups, pivots) with experience of manipulating large datasets.
- Proven ability to analyse data to solve business problems and provide strong business insight.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (both written and oral) with proven ability to interpret and present data in a compelling format to finance and non-finance audiences.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritise effectively and meet deadlines.
- Part-qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Looker (our data analytics tool).
- Flexible Working: Our flexible working approach offers a high degree of freedom and autonomy. Individuals are provided with the discretion to work remotely on a regular basis, with an expectation that a reasonable proportion of time is spent in the office to enhance in-person collaboration. If due to unique circumstances this doesn’t quite work, we are open to listening to what will.
- Time Off: In addition to the 8 statutory bank holidays, you will receive 29 holidays per year. Lyst’s holiday year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
- Competitive Family Leave Package: This includes Enhanced Family Leave for those eligible, paid Time off for Dependents and Support for Fertility Treatment & Loss.
- Clothing Benefit: We want you to enjoy using the Lyst app and site as much as our customers, so we provide you with a clothing allowance to use on Lyst every year. This starts at £250 when you join and increases up to £1,000 with your length of service.
- Private Healthcare: Our healthcare provider is Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day you start.
- Training Allowance: We’re big on continuous learning and growth, so all employees are currently entitled to an annual training allowance of £1,000. This can be used to attend conferences, industry events, training courses and to purchase resources.
- Pension Scheme: Our pension provider is The People’s Pension. We offer a minimum employee contribution of 5% and 3% employer contribution.
- Eye Tests and Vouchers: Employees can make a saving on their eye test and glasses through our chosen provider. You’ll receive a free eye test every year and a discount towards glasses.
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme: Lyst will purchase a bicycle from your chosen retailer, you will then receive a voucher to pick up your bicycle from them.
- Transport Season Ticket Loan: Employees can apply for an interest free season ticket loan to support your travel to work.
- Social Events: Frequent company wide social events including Christmas & summer parties, sports days, themed drinks, quizzes, cook alongs, as well as smaller team socials. We also have plenty of interest based groups such as football, running club, book club, culinary and more.
We want to build a world where fashion works for everyone, and we want teams that are just as inclusive. Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture at Lyst. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role. We are happy to talk about flexible working arrangements.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Lyst we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.