Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist - In vivo
Juvena Therapeutics is seeking a talented in vivo researcher to join their pharmacology respiratory team to support early preclinical validation of lead candidates. We are searching for an individual who is excited to work as a researcher in an intimate and small team focused on the discovery, preclinical validation, and clinical translation of novel biologics for chronic and rare degenerative diseases across multiple therapeutic areas, with an initial focus on pulmonary and metabolic-related diseases. The successful candidate should have extensive hands-on experience in establishing & characterizing rodent models of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and COPD models. The candidate should be able to design and implement in vivo efficacy studies working under direct supervision. The scientific knowledge of the pulmonary disease area is highly desired and be able to present scientific data at in vivo and project team meetings. The candidate will work collaboratively with various cross-functions within Juvena to establish other cardio-metabolic disease model systems to support ongoing projects. Reporting to the Scientist II of Pharmacology, this individual will be involved in validating diverse drug candidates in Juvena’s pipeline as well as supporting external R&D partnerships with academic institutions and technology providers.
Juvena Therapeutics is on a mission to discover and develop biologics for rare and chronic degenerative diseases by mining the secretomes of human pluripotent stem cells through a machine learning (ML)-enhanced platform. Juvena’s approach integrates proteomics, transcriptomics and imaging with phenotypic human in vitro disease model screening and extensive preclinical validation to mine stem cell secretomes as a rich source of new medicines for chronic and rare diseases. We are advancing leads for muscular dystrophies, muscle atrophy, injury, and osteopathies. Since our launch in mid-2018, Juvena has discovered and validated 22 hits for neuromuscular, skeletal, and metabolic diseases. Juvena is advancing a lead program for Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1, a rare autosomal dominant, progressive muscle-wasting disease.
Juvena Therapeutics has secured venture capital, NIH, and CIRM funding to develop their top lead to a clinical-stage investigational new drug, to build their stem cell secretome database, and to leverage their discovery platform to rapidly identify and validate novel protein-based drug candidates for multiple rare and chronic diseases across inflammatory, cardiometabolic and hepatic therapeutic areas. At Juvena we embrace a diversity of backgrounds, experience and approaches that all combine to lead us to world-class scientific results in an inclusive environment.
- Work closely with the preclinical team members to design and execute in vivo experiments to support research and development of Juvena’s drug candidates for pulmonary fibrosis & respiratory diseases
- Involved in in-vivo model(s) development & in vivo efficacy studies for pulmonary & respiratory diseases to deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced setting
- Execute experiments following appropriate laboratory procedures and safety standards
- Must be proficient in murine handling, dosing (PO, IV, IP, SC), survival and terminal blood collection (SM, tail nick, cardiac puncture), and tissue harvesting at necropsy including fixation, freezing and tissue disaggregation to support ex vivo analyses
- Knowledge of lung assessment with Flexivent is required. Perform tissue processing for molecular, biochemical and histological analysis
- Carry out high throughput staining and image analysis
- Prepare presentations, technical reports, summaries, protocols
- Keep current with advances in the company’s area of research interest and lead journal club discussions of latest literature and research discoveries
- Contribute to a dynamic and exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation
- B.S or M.S degree in biology, physiology, pharmacology or related field with 3-6+ years of industry experience (or equivalent). In vivo model development for pulmonary fibrosis is required.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of animal welfare and ethical compliance as well as data integrity
- Highly self-motivated, independent, and driven to succeed with strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Excellent hands-on in vivo skills, work with the team in a highly collaborative growth environment
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Highly skilled, attention to details and hands-on experience in pulmonary fibrosis model development
- Functional assessment of lung function in-vivo is required
- Successful track record of developing in-vivo models and performing efficacy studies
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, annual bonus and stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Partial 401K matching
Apply to this Job through the following means:
- LinkedIn job posting
- Website job posting
Career Opportunities at Juvena Therapeutics, Inc.
At Juvena Therapeutics, we believe everyone deserves a seat at the table and an equal chance at success, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, cultural heritage, or age. Most importantly, we are an equal opportunity employer and respect an individual’s right to freedom of expression within the boundaries of mutual respect and equal treatment.
We are seeking to grow our company with a diverse team of enthusiastic scientists and technologists who share our vision and determination to discover and develop protein-based therapeutics to cure chronic and rare disease and promote healthspan.
Explore all our open positions, and let’s grow together at https://www.juvenatherapeutics.com/careers/.
Something looks off?