Client Relationship Manager
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
As a Client Relationship Manager you’ll have the opportunity to define our customer’s experience by being an expert source of knowledge to your assigned accounts. You’ll work closely with our implementation, sales, and support teams to help ensure that questions and issues are resolved in a timely manner and plans are optimized to meet customer goals. You’ll own customer happiness by marrying effective responsiveness with thoughtful proactive touch-points to anticipate customer needs before they ask.
What you get to do every day
- Act as the single point of contact for the plan sponsors within your book of accounts
- Provide timely, superior customer service, including problem solving and issue resolution
- Communicate key plan features and requirements in a clear, concise and informative manner
- Work cross-functionally to provide compliant and accurate valuation reports, participant statements, trust accounting, annual testing and reporting as applicable
- Act as the voice of your customers by partnering with our marketing and product teams to share insights
- Be the escalation point for any participants of your assigned plans
- Assist clients with all ongoing plan design and document support, including understanding their responsibilities with IRS and Department of Labor regulations
- Assist clients in meeting all IRS and Department of Labor deadlines necessary for qualified retirement plan
- Maintain up-to date knowledge of present legislation and proposed legislative changes with regard to ERISA law through self-study and company-sponsored training sessions
- Review or perform, as needed, the annual testing for plans, including ADP/ACP, Top Heavy, 410(b), 415, 401(a)(4),deductibility, and 402(g)
- Review Form 5500 and coordinate with plan sponsor to help ensure timely filing
- Assist auditors if a plan is subject to an audit
- Assist IRS and DOL auditors, if the plan is subject to an IRS or DOL audit
What you bring to the role
- 3-5+ years of experience in A-Z plan administration
- Have a passion for solving problems and helping people
- Strong ability to troubleshoot with a meticulous eye for detail
- Communicate with confidence, professionalism and empathy
- Remain composed in high-stress situations and convey empathy for our customers and their situation
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative to proactively service customers and resolve any issues
- A “change is good” mindset allowing you to quickly adapt within a fast-growing startup environment
- Bonus Points: Experience with FT William and/or ASC software systems
Where you will work
- Utah County, Utah (office in Lindon area)
- Hybrid, in office 3 days per week
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The salary range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $60,000 - $70,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures
Something looks off?