Onboarding Connections Specialist
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
The Revenue Core team is responsible for all centralized functions within the revenue team, including marketing, operations, implementation planning, conversions and payroll integrations. As Onboarding Connections Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing the client’s first 401(k) contribution. You’re the right fit for this role if you are passionate about customers, have grit, thrive on problem-solving, and default to action. And finally, as we go 24,791 mph, you should be comfortable with change.
What you get to do every day
- Be the main point of contact for clients, responsible for helping them establish technical integrations with 100+ payroll providers
- Develop an in-depth understanding of payroll provider systems and interrogate incoming payroll data for accuracy and completeness
- Use problem-solving and decision-making skills to navigate technical issues which impact the flow of data between the client, Human Interest, and the payroll partner
- Accurately evaluate data discrepancies and work independently to make appropriate adjustments, with the understanding that they impact our clients and millions of dollars in assets under management
- Assist in drafting procedures detailing the flow of payroll-related information, while demonstrating an understanding of SEC, DOL, and IRS regulations that impact our business
- Investigate technology issues, identify root causes, and work with various departments to develop and implement solutions
- Independently guide clients through data analysis and assist with their data transmission efforts
- Communicate professionally to both internal and external clients while focusing on needs-driven solutions
- Identify areas for process improvement and assist in leading projects which may broadly impact our business
What you will accomplish
- 3+ years in a role that demonstrates troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- At least 1 year of customer service experience and strong verbal and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic and proven ability to work independently and manage a project plan
- A passion for process improvement and a demonstrated ability to lead change effectively
- Experience working with retirement plans or payroll providers, and a general understanding of the laws and regulations which govern the industry
- A desire for learning new programs, systems, and expanding your knowledge about the retirement industry and our product
- A strong focus on quality
- Strong PC skills, including experience working with G-Suite products
- Ability to easily adapt to various client systems and user interfaces and troubleshoot software issues as they arise
Where you will work
- Office in Lindon, Utah
- Hybrid, in office 3 days per week
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The hourly range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $28.00 - $30.00 per hour. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures
Something looks off?