Head of Parishes & Schools / Head of Sales
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Who we are
We're building a prayer and meditation app. One that is authentically Christian and Catholic, while at the same time a resource for anyone looking to grow deeper in a relationship with God. We believe that people are hungry for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with Christ: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28).
Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
Tldr: We are scaling up our school & parish efforts and looking for an experienced sales and enterprise leader to build out our team and strategy!
What You'll Do
- Leadership: The parishes and schools team at Hallow is growing quickly and you will be in charge of ensuring our growth, lead gen, sales, and success teams are all working effectively together and that Hallow is the best job they’ve ever had or could ever have.
- Execution: We have ambitious goals of supporting every school and parish in the country to develop communities centered around prayer. You will ultimately be responsible for the team hitting those ambitious goals.
- Process: Part of what will be required to scale effectively and efficiently will be establishing repeatable processes. You will lead this effort across the teams you manage.
- Strategy: As we expand from being only a direct-to-consumer mobile app, we will be expanding the features and content that we provide to our institutional partners. You will collaborate with the product and content teams to inform our cross-functional roadmaps and make sure we are serving our partners to the best of our ability.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Every day we get amazing stories and get the pleasure of working on something that impacts lives. One of my favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliché, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll be managing the entire parishes and schools team and will be a member of the executive leadership team. You will play a central role in our ongoing support of the 20,000+ schools and parishes across the country.
- Team: We have an amazing team of lead gen specialists, sales leads, and success leads that you will be able to hit the ground running with.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago and would love to have as many team members there as possible, but you will be responsible for building relationships across the country so we are flexible on location.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, commissions, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun!
- P&L Ownership Experience: Given that you will be responsible for the enterprise business unit, we are looking for someone who has a demonstrated ability to drive results and manage a full P&L.
- Enterprise Experience: We’ve learned that working with institutions as partners has fun and distinct challenges vs. selling to consumers. We are looking for someone who understands B2B selling and has experience working with post-sale implementation / success teams.
- Systematic: Because you will also need to formalize many of our processes and strategies, it will be critical that you are able to think systematically so that we can scale the team down the road.
- Church / School Enterprise Market Familiarity: We are serving a very specific market in Catholic schools and parishes. While specific Catholic sales experience isn’t necessary, someone with some professional experience serving the Church would be beneficial.
We are honored that you'd consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow
CEO & Co-Founder
See more open positions at Hallow
Something looks off?