Brazil Marketing Contractor (Part-Time)
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
Who we are
We're building a prayer and meditation app. One that is authentically Christian and Catholic, while at the same time a resource for anyone looking to grow deeper in a relationship with God. We believe that people are hungry for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with Christ: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28).
Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
Tldr: We're looking for a bilingual Portuguese and English-speaking growth marketing associate to help us bring Portuguese-speaking people closer to God.
What You'll Do
- Portuguese Marketing Content: You'll be a critical part of the Brazilian team, connecting Content and proprietary Hallow Knowledge to our wider audience, owning the process and tone of voice, making Hallow knows with content that is proper and adapted to each one of our platforms, including Social Media, LCM, PR, Ads, and more - proving copy that engages and addresses pain points of our personas whilst keeping true to Hallow curated Content and the Catholic tradition.
- Social Media Marketing: You will be running our day-to-day presence across our Portuguese-language social media accounts, communicating with our user base, and driving growth through engaging social content.
- Lifecycle Marketing: You’ll be working with the entire marketing/growth team to help execute across channels in Portuguese markets, with a primary focus on lifecycle marketing. You’ll be critical in translation, transculturation, and helping to navigate best practices/cultural differences in these markets for all our marketing communication.
- PR & Advertising: look for innovative ways to create PR exposure around campaigns, events, reactive marketing, considering tier 1 vehicles, faith-based organizations, and tech.
- Partnership and Influencers: create partnership Marketing initiatives and collaboration with brands, ambassadors/influencers and organizations as long as they share the same values as us - it is a plus to understand the Catholic world and targeted public.
- Trends: stay up to date with latest trends, technologies and best practices in our space.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Every day we get amazing stories and get the pleasure of working on something that impacts lives. One of my favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll be a massive part of our growth. There’s nothing more exciting as a marketer than being able to see your work touch thousands of lives around the world and truly build a world-class experience with every communication, partnership, content, and more.
- Growth: From day 1, you’ll be a part of the startup journey. Over the next year, we’ll build out the company significantly (we just hit the Top #3 position in the App Store of the US during Ash Wednesday), and we’ll need your help to create a world-class team and get individuals praying in more countries around the world.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago with the full team and would love to have everyone there. That being said, we’re super flexible with location/hours; we don’t care when you work, just that it gets done.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates for this hourly position.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun
- Bilingual (Portuguese & English): You speak fluently or natively in both languages.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience building, running social media campaigns, copywriting, and/or translating content. Bonus if you have design experience.
- Communication: You’re an expert communicator and conversationalist. Being able to communicate, negotiate, and build relationships is a must in Portuguese and English.
- Technical Abilities: Experience with Google Apps (e.g. Google Docs and Google Sheets), computer savvy, and a general willingness to learn new tools!
- Grit & detail-oriented: We really care about what we’re doing & try to build as fast as we can. Since we’re guided meditation and competing with some large players in the market (Calm, Headspace), we have to stand out. Everything we do, say, send, or spend money on should be top-notch quality and set Hallow apart as the best.
We are honored that you'd consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow
CEO & Co-Founder
See more open positions at Hallow
Something looks off?