Staff Product Manager, SMB
Build the platform that powers global trade
Small and Midsize Business (SMB)
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone.
While developments in ecommerce and marketplace technology have enabled millions of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to source goods and reach consumers globally, these businesses still struggle to participate in the highly manual and legacy world of global trade. We believe entrepreneurs should be focused on growing their business instead of having to worry about the intimate mechanics of freight forwarding. At Flexport, we aim to build SMBs a platform to make shipping from and to anywhere an easy and seamless experience that just works!
The Flexport SMB team is focused on taking care of this undifferentiated heavy lifting and leveling the playing field using tech instead of human touch. We want to make the experience so simple and easy that re-stocking an item for sale is a one click action, instead of the days of effort it takes today! Come distill the complicated world of Global Trade down to make it accessible to everyone and give entrepreneurs the powers of industry titans.
We are looking for experienced and driven Principal Product Managers to join our team and create world-class customer experiences that progress the evolution of global trade. As a Principal Product Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and management of product lines from ideation to launch. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a passion for technology and a track record of leading successful product launches.
At our company, we value diversity and inclusion, and we believe that a diverse team leads to better products and outcomes. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply for this Principal Product Manager role and contribute their unique perspectives and experiences to our team.
- Drive the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for our product line
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, sales, and marketing, to ensure successful product development and launch
- Conduct market research, analyze customer feedback, and identify opportunities for product improvement and growth
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and customers
- Monitor industry trends and competitive landscape to inform product strategy and decision-making
- Collaborate with other department leaders to achieve business goals
You should have:
- 8+ years of product management experience, with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in a relevant field
- Experience in technology, software, or SaaS industries
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to drive decision-making
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Passion for innovation and a track record of leading successful product launches
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
Something looks off?