Director, Product Marketing
We are reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Flexport is looking for a skilled and experienced Director of Product Marketing to join our growing marketing team. In this role, you will lead a world-class product marketing function while driving our strategic efforts across product launches, customer research and product content. In this leadership role, you’ll have the chance to work with our product, engineering, sales and marketing teams to launch and scale products and solutions at the intersection of technology and supply chain. The ability to understand our customers and help them explore and adopt our products and solutions will be key to success.
- Define and improve Flexport’s product marketing strategy to launch new products and solutions or reposition existing offerings.
- Own the marketing plan for our business units, including measuring effectiveness and impact on key business outcomes.
- Partner with our executive team and business unit leaders to refine our messaging, build best-in-class content and hit launch milestones to achieve the goals in our annual operating plans.
- Manage internal and external partners and agencies to improve our web, social and sales assets with the goal of clearly communicating the value we provide to our customers, carrier-partners and the communities where we operate.
- Ensure the success of our marketing launches and campaigns by working effectively with the broader marketing team for execution, including our team members across the globe.
You should have:
- 7 years experience in product marketing in high tech or supply chain and logistics, with a proven track record of launching and scaling new products and solutions.
- 4 years of leadership experience and the skills, confidence and competence to engage with executives at the strategic and tactical level.
- Experience with content creation, competitive positioning, product launch planning, customer research and go-to-market strategy.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence decision making across all levels of the organization, with a focus on developing a strong relationship and operating cadence with product and tech leadership.
- Ability to leverage data for decision making and storytelling without becoming slow to act in a performance oriented environment.
- T-shaped marketing skill set: we’re looking for marketing generalists that can pinch-hit in any given domain of marketing, while drawing on the skills and insights from a singular area of deep specialization
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
Something looks off?