Senior Executive Assistant
We're looking for a Senior Executive Assistant to join the Operations Office in direct support our SVP, Network Operations and VP, Global Partners Program. You’ll work alongside these leaders to maximize their ability to focus on the team’s key priorities in supporting Flexport’s continued growth.
Role responsibilities include managing multiple complex calendars, planning and organizing events of all sizes, and coordinating domestic and international travel. This candidate will help build a positive team environment and establish working relationships inside and outside of the group.
- Manage complicated internal and external meetings and domestic and global travel schedules, review and process contracts and expenses, and maintain confidentiality of all work material;
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate departments;
- Conserve the team's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence;; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; and assisting with presentations;
- Maintain confidentiality and protect operations by having high level of discretion;
- Anticipate the needs of our senior leaders. Plan ahead and be resourceful;
- Act as a gatekeeper for internal and external individuals on matters pertaining to leader access;
- Be unafraid to offer suggestions and make improvements to processes;
- Prioritize conflicting needs with limited guidance and keep leadership informed of short and long term responsibilities and commitments;
- Complete expense reports and executive requests;
- With limited guidance, work on projects from start to finish.
- Assist with org-wide events such as our monthly All-Hands and quarterly Town-Halls.
You should have:
- BA / BS degree and 8+ years of exec support
- You have a calm head and a steady hand. You can easily turn a stressful situation to a problem solved
- Discretion in abundance – confidentiality is critical to the role
- Experience with both Google and Microsoft Office productivity suites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to interact with internal and external partners
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced time sensitive environment
- Superior organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and great follow through on tasks
- The ability to be an efficient self-starter and decision-maker that can act on instinct
- A genuine interest in learning by helping and be a problem solver at heart
- Availability to deliver quickly, across global time zones.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?