Director, Capture & Proposals
We are reinventing global trade.
Reporting to the VP of Public Sector, the Director of Capture and Proposals will play a critical role in growing the public sector direct, partner, and commercial businesses by prioritizing opportunities, responding to complex customer requests, and winning contracts. A hands-on yet strategic leader who can oversee the tools, processes, and people to help us scale for the future. He/she will also bring a strong background in leading capture and proposal teams, and proven experience managing the planning activities of a large, complex company. This leader will build a new team that will help drive Flexport’s next phase of growth by winning contracts and pre-positioning new services with our customers. He/she will be a thought leader and have the potential to ascend to more senior roles within the organization.
- Build a capture team to position Flexport for large competitive opportunities. You will work with the business development teams to prioritize opportunities, and shape customers requirements.
- Manage the bid/no bid process. You will work directly with the Flexport senior operations and sales leaders to gain consensus on investments for pursuits.
- Build a proposal team. You will analyze the market and determine the number of RFX responses needed for our growth plans and hire a team to meet those goals.
- Primarily focus on public sector opportunities. Additionally, you will lead complex commercial responses and build a proposal library with a proposal generator for less complex responses.
- Drive continuous improvement of the capture and proposal process. Provide clear and impactful insight from Flexport’s wins/losses and implement improvements based on historical data and projected future trends.
- Build and manage a best-in-class capture and proposal team
- Develop and manage budgets for capture and proposal development efforts, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively and efficiently
You should have
- 10+ year managing proposal teams. Public sector experience is required, and commercial proposal experience is desired.
- A successful track record of leading multi-billion dollar complex proposals.
- Experience in leading strategic and analytics teams to apply competitive market intelligence and industry trends to influence business development.
- Experience with public sector, commercial, and international capture and proposals.
- Strong understanding of the capture and proposal development process, including industry best practices and compliance requirements
- Strong professional and educational background with at least a Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree is a plus
- Willingness to travel as needed to support business development and capture efforts (Washington DC)
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?