Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
Build the programs to help Flexport grow.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $2.2B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for software engineers focused on site reliability engineering to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. Our site reliability team is responsible for creating a culture of reliability through the proactive development of services that make our technology teams do their jobs better. We focus on Flexport’s internally developed, user-facing services and other production systems to ensure that they run smoothly and that we can quickly resolve disruptions.
What you’ll do:
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation
- Establish and maintain monitoring capabilities that track service availability, capacity, and performance
- Develop SLOs in partnership with product and engineering teams to increase service reliability
- Participate in the incident management program and support a blameless post-mortem culture
- Partner with development teams to improve testing and release procedures
- Understand the current state of the CI/CD pipelines, review and recommend the improvements
- Advise product teams in system design, platform management, and capacity planning
What you’ll need:
- Familiarity with developer tools including source code and artifacts management, CI/CD pipelines, and configuration automation with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc)
- Hands-on experience with AWS; experience with Azure and GCP is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge of commercial or open-source infrastructure monitoring solutions
- Experience with Linux server and container-based infrastructure
- Experience with Kubernetes, databases, and Windows server infrastructure is a plus
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
Something looks off?