Staff Technical Program Manager, Operational Finance
Build the platform that powers global trade!
Flexport is building the first modern logistics platform to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
We're looking for a Staff Technical Program Manager to develop technology that is reshaping the entire logistics and supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside other self-starters interested in solving complex real-world problems and making global commerce more efficient.
Our FinTech teams and products in Operational Finance provide near real time cost, revenue and net revenue estimation, financial optimization, profitability monitoring and financial analysis for the entire lifecycle of shipments and other product lines or services (e.g. shipping insurance, customs clearance, etc) spanning 112 countries and counting.
- Be the link between the Operational Finance teams in Amsterdam, Netherlands and the upstream systems, stakeholders and users in the US.
- Partner with engineering, product, and business stakeholders in the US and The Netherlands to orchestrate the delivery of some of the company’s most critical finance and accounting systems.
- Drive cross-functional planning and development, ensuring that program tasks are completed on time and managing resource, scope, and quality constraints
- Clarify ambiguities in product requirements and drive the development of technical requirements
- Identify and manage cross-team technology dependencies and align teams on roadmaps to ensure timely delivery of initiatives
- Provide transparency and communication to key stakeholders about program status, risks, and changes in plans
- Proactively identify risks and blockers, drive potential future mitigation strategies for the product and engineering teams, and manage stakeholder expectations
- Understand the technical architecture of the solution, analyze data to identify root causes of problems, and partner closely with engineers to resolve technical impediments
- Ensure that software development and continuous integration/continuous delivery guidelines (code Reviews, unit tests, code coverage), and any other compliance requirements, are followed
- Facilitate discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Determine people, process, and technical solutions to address issues
- Coach/mentor new teams on Scrum processes and establish processes and tools for agile execution
You Should Have
- 8+ years of technical program management experience, including management of large-scale programs
- Affinity for finance and accounting
- Strong understanding of software product development and software architecture concepts
- Strength in agile/Scrum processes, project/program planning, organization, and time management
- A data- and metrics-driven mindset
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities to help teams prioritize and focus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for engineering and product teams, as well as for business and executive teams
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience working in supply chains, global logistics, or accounting and finance
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with the planning functions of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
Something looks off?