People Operations Associate
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to fill the gap. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs.
As our People Operations Associate, Europe you’ll join the small and mighty People Operations Team in Europe, part of the broader People Team. You will support all day-to-day HR operations and global people programs. You will act as the face of HR and be responsible for supporting Flexport’s new hire on-boarding and off-boarding processes, demonstrating thoughtful communication and detailed record-keeping. You will be actively involved with all parts of the business on a daily basis, working cross functionally with other teams and handling highly confidential information. Finally, and most importantly, you seek to continually improve processes and performance to be more scalable and efficient, and to better serve the Flexport team globally.
- Be the first point of contact for employees in Europe and provide excellent customer service for a wide range of questions covering topics like benefits, visas, onboarding, orientation events, new hires and processing transactions in the HR systems
- Drive the onboarding process for the new hires from the moment candidates sign their offer until their start date
- Coordinate off-boarding in conjunction with People Business Partners and coordinate with stakeholder groups (Payroll, IT, etc.)
- Process a variety of employment-related changes within Workday, our HRIS system, including employee status changes, employee information and other confidential employee data
- Own the hygiene of people's data on Workday by regularly auditing the data, preparing reports, and proposing business process improvements
You should have:
- At least 1 year work experience as an HR/People Ops Associate or Generalist, preferably in a startup or rapid growth company
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Spoken and written English & Dutch and one other language (Italian, German, Spanish and/or Danish) is preferred
- Payroll experience a plus
- International and especially European experience is preferable
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Familiar with employment law concepts and ensuring confidentiality, tact and sensitive when handling any HR / employee case
- Thorough research skills coupled with the ability to clearly and concisely present information and recommendations
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and/or G-Suite applications (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar)
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a high volume of concurrent tasks and responsibilities
- Knowledge of specific HRIS (workday) is an advantage
Something looks off?