Senior Accounting Analyst
Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Flexport has an immediate opening for a Senior Accounting Analyst to join our Finance team. Finance plays a central role in our success by creating transparency of the company's performance, financials, risks, and internal controls, and building the people, process, and product needed for the future of Flexport.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Accounting Analyst with a mission to recommend and drive new initiatives and support our fast-growing organization. As a Senior Accounting Analyst, you will have the opportunity to build personalized relationships with key stakeholders across multiple functional departments within our dynamic finance organization. Your innovative ideas and results-oriented approach will be essential to our continued success, and you will play a critical role in driving improvement and innovation as we grow.
What you’ll do:
- Key contributor in the monthly close processes for revenue and cost of sales by preparing journal entries and reconciliations
- Create insightful monthly managerial reports and conduct analytical reviews that inform strategic decision-making across the organization
- Collaborate with managers and cross-functional teams to identify revenue opportunities for specific products, modes, or service lines, and develop innovative ideas to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Update and maintain the company's revenue recognition policy, ensuring compliance with evolving business processes and accounting standards
- Develop a deep understanding of revenue and ASC 606, particularly as it applies to the complex world of freight forwarding
- Help implement process improvements that streamline month-end closing and reporting processes, maximizing efficiency and accuracy
- Contribute to the development and implementation of tools, systems, and processes that ensure accurate revenue recognition and facilitate business growth
- Act as a trusted liaison with external auditors regarding revenue recognition, proactively resolving issues and ensuring compliance
- Work cross-functionally with our FP&A and operations teams on exciting ad-hoc projects and initiatives, leveraging your financial expertise to drive business success
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Accounting
- A minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- Python and SQL experience preferred
- Experience with analytic tools such as Power BI, Power Pivot, etc.
- Freight forwarding experience preferred
- Strong acumen for detail
- Strong financial analysis skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to build strong, cohesive relationships within the team
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.