Build the systems to help Flexport grow
Principal Software Engineers at Flexport are the powerhouse driving the company to greatness! They raise the bar for engineering excellence, set the high standard and fiercely advocate for it, and push the limits of what's possible. They chart the course for key technical systems by defining their structure and laying the foundation for success. They bring clarity to complex problems by partnering with business and engineering leaders to bring clarity and solutions to even the most challenging issues. Last but not least, they nurture the engineering community by serving as mentors and coaches, fostering shared technical understanding and principles to drive growth and development for all engineers.
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of large-scale software systems
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other software engineers
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define and deliver software solutions that meet business objectives
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for the development team and organization
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and prioritize requirements
- Ensure software development processes are followed, including code reviews, testing, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends and apply them to software development efforts where appropriate
You should have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- Proven experience leading the design, development, and deployment of complex software systems
- Strong technical expertise in multiple programming languages and technologies
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- Ability to mentor and provide technical guidance to other software engineers
- Experience with software development processes and best practices, including Agile and CI/CD
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and industry trends
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.